1. 1 big Turai (Ridge Guard).
2. 1 teaspoon Udad daal.
3. 1/2 cup Cilantro/Parsley.
4. 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds.
5. 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds.
6. 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds.
7. Salt to taste.
8. 1 Tbsp Oil.
9. 1 Green Chilli and 1 Red Chilli (Optional or according to taste)
10. Pinch of turmeric.
Cut the guard into pieces. DO NOT PEEL . Keeping the peel intact adds flavour.
Method 1 for 100% Raw friends : Soak udad daal, and other seeds overnight to get the biogenic action started. Next morning blend all ingredients together keeping it coarse. If you have Vitamix use variable speed 3.
Method 2 for not 100% Raw friends : Slightly roast all the seeds mentioned above one by one.
And then blend with remaining ingredients( The vegetable is still raw).
Method 3 for Steam Cooking friends : Steam cook the guard for as less time as possible. And then follow Method 1 or 2 above.
Can be eaten as is, used with rice/roti , as a spread on bread or romaine lettuce leaves, as a dip with cucumbers.