Ingredients for the Marinated Veggies
1. 2 tsp Mustard seeds soaked overnight.
2. 2 tsp Fennel seeds soaked overnight.
3. Fresh Vegetables of your choice. I have used here 1 white long radish, 1 medium size eggplant, 1 red sweet pepper, around 15 florets of cauliflower, 2 ridge-gourds freshly picked from my veggie garden except cauliflower which was store bought.
4. Salt to taste.
5. Juice from 1 lemon.
6. Pinch of turmeric.
7. 2 Tbsp of oil.
1. Grind the soaked mustard and fennel seeds in a mortar to a fine paste. Add a few flakes of red chili to this mixture while grinding if you want.
2. Chop all veggies in bite size pieces. Make sure all are of same size and look pretty 🙂
3. Mix all veggies, seed paste, salt , lemon juice and oil thoroughly with hand making sure that each veggie gets soaked in the mixture.
4. Keep aside for 2-3 hours at the minimum or more.
Ingredients for Hummus
1. Handful of garbanzo beans(chickpeas) soaked and sprouted. Steamed if you are not 100% raw. I personally cannot digest raw chickpeas so I steam them until nicely cooked.
2. 2 Tbsp of Tahini.
3. Juice from 1/2 Lemon.
4. 1 tsp of cumin powder.
5. Olive oil around 4 Tbsp.
6. Salt to taste.
7. 1 small sweet red pepper. It is optional but red pepper is what makes it taste out of the world and also look more beautiful. I do not consume seeds of peppers as they are too hot for me.
Blend all together. DO NOT add water. If its not blending add more olive oil.
1. Place lots of green of your choice on the plate. I used bok choy, tai sai and kale freshly picked from my veggie garden.
2. Place the marinated veggies in the center.
3. On top add some hummus. I made a small cake with hands from a spoonful of hummus to make it look appealing!