Fresh Corn dosa/crepe/tortilla, burrito, wrap
A variation to rava dosa (an indian dish – wheat semolina crepe)
A variation to corn masa tortilla
A variation to wheat burrito
Ingredients for the crepe/tortilla/wrap:
Fresh corn 1 cup
Freshly ground flax seed powder 2 Tbsp (acts as a binder)
Garlic 3 cloves
Cumin seeds 1 Tbsp
Pinch of turmeric
Salt to taste
Blend corn and garlic with enough water to make a thin batter.
Transfer to a bowl
Add cumin seeds, salt, flax seed powder and mix thoroughly and set aside for 1-2 hours.
Flax absorbs lot of water so the batter will thicken in time.
Cooked version: Greese the pan with coconut oil, spread some batter, let it cook, turn it over, cook on other side.
Raw version: Transfer the batter to dehydrator sheets and dehydrate until it reaches the texture you want.
Can be eaten as is. Can be stuffed with many things like cooked beans, raw greens, raw veggies, tomato sauce etc. Below is one way.
Ripe Tomatillo 1
Tomatoes 2 medium size
Garlic clove 1
Cayenne powder to taste
Fresh ginger a small piece
Salt to taste
Blend all together, transfer to a bowl.
Grated red cabbage, Sliced green onion leaves, Chiffonade cut kale, salt to taste, lemon to taste, olive oil. Massage well with hands and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
3. Steam cook or boil or pressure cook fresh beans. I used the mixed fresh beans (the seeds not the greens)bought from the market. You can use dry beans or frozen beans. Add chopped cilantro, chopped mint, salt and oil to taste. Add a quarter of the tomato sauce. Mix and mash well, transfer to a bowl.
Prepare the wrap:
1. Spread the tomato sauce on the wrap
2. Spread the bean paste in the mid section as shown
3. Spread generous amount of salad
4. Wrap and tighten towards inside.