1. Fresh yucca (When you buy it, peel it, cut into pieces, store in a bowl full of water in the refrigerator). Before using always take out the central hard fibrous core.
4. Roasted and crushed peanuts
5. Grated ginger
6. Salt to taste
1. Grind yucca in a food processor or blender WITHOUT adding water to a paste.
2. Mix chopped onions, peanuts, chopped cilantro, ginger, turmeric and salt.
3. Grease the pan with coconut oil, keep on medium to low heat, make yucca patties and cook covered. I usually put a bowl with some water so to have vapor cooking as well and so as not to end up with dry patties(sometimes the yucca is dry, if not bought freshly harvested).
Serve with tomatillo-tomato chutney.
Such kind of patties can be made with any grain or flour too like amaranth, quinoa, rice flour or just with potatoes.