I stopped eating fried food many years ago. And so I could not eat sabudana vada anymore. All these years I was making only Sabudana Khicdi at home. Today I tried sabudana vada on tawa. It was super delicious and needed very less oil to cook.
- 1.5 Cup Tapioca Peals/Sabudana soaked overnight. Make sure to just cover the peals with water. Too much water will make them soggy.
- 1 Cup ground crunch peanut powder. Use a stone mortar for better taste.
- 1″ ginger finely chopped
- 5 Sprigs of Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 Potatoes cooked and mashed
- Salt to taste
Mix all ingredients well so that it makes a binding mixture. If it does not bind sprinkle some water and mix the ingredients again. Massage with the hands like you would do to make a dough.
Heat the pan, make small balls of the mixture, flatten in your palms and spread on the pan. Brush with coconut oil. Once done on one side turn over, brush with coconut oil and remove when done. Alternatively you can bake them.
Makes 15 vadas.
Serve with buttermilk. I am a vegan so I used almond milk, salt, lemon juice mixture and gave it a tadka/tempering of mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves.