My elder sister told me that she is feeling very good health wise since she started drinking warm water and always drinking water in sitting posture. So I am going to try it for few months and see how I feel. It is anyways slightly cold and rainy season where I live.
Excerpt from easyayurveda.com:
Warm water health benefits –
- It helps to improve digestion and to relieve indigestion.
- Warm water drinking at night before bed time is an excellent remedy to clear white coated tongue.
- Warm water drinking is one of the major dietary advice in the treatment of cold, cough, respiratory tract infections, Asthma, allergic disorders etc.
- Warm water drinking will reduce the frequency of repeated cold attacks especially in children.
- Warm water drinking is a very good soar throat remedy.
- Drinking a spoon of honey with a glass of water is recommended in obesity treatment.
- Whenever you eat oily food stuff, junk food, or consume ghee, drinking warm water will make your tummy feel lighter. And also, it avoids fat absorption to an extent.
- Warm water cleanses bladder. So, it is the natural most and easily available bladder cleanse medicine.
- Warm water drinking at night is much recommended in the treatment of fever.
- Warm water drinking is highly recommended in cases of rheumatoid arthritis.
- It calms vata and kapha. It is not for pitta type.